The W1671 Heavey-Duty Mortising is a high-quality machine with all the features found in the best mortisers in the market.
- Heavy-duty fence and hold down eliminate unwanted wood movement and ?sticking chisels,? (an all too common complaint), ensuring accurate and fast operation.
- Unique swiveling base allows easy off-the-bench operations and opens new possibilities for custom mortises.
- Precision 1/2″ chuck eliminates the need to modify chisels and bits
- Extra height capacity allows the use of stock up to 7-3/8″ thick.
- All-steel quick-adjust depth stop is easy to set and provides a positive stop for repeatable operations.
- Adjustable length
- Solid-steel quick-positioning handle
- 8-piece tool holder
- Easy two-door chuck access
- Large base
- Twin hardened-and-ground columns
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110V, 3450 RPM, aluminum-finned
- Adjustable depth-stop rod
- Hydraulic cylinder for softer releases
- Double-support columns
- JT #2 spindle, 1/2″ JT #2 chuck
- Mortise to the center of an 8″ wide board
- Mortise lumber to 7-3/8″ thick
- Heavy cast-iron construction
- Extra-long (22″) quick-set handle
- Unique swiveling base
- Micro-adjustable fence
- Includes 1/2″ Mortising Chisel
- Approximate shipping weight: 92 lbs.